Thursday, October 2, 2008

End of the hectic week - almost!




Okay, today I presented at the Utah Fall Conference on Substance Abuse. I had the oh so exciting topic of Environmental Strategies. It went well. I have also presented to my colleagues in the Strategic Prevention Framework Grant (SPF SIG) this week. I had to talk about budget cuts and sustainability for everyone. *SIGH* it wasn't pretty. I was a total downer for that group. But the reality is that the grant money is only around until 2011.

The one of the best things today was that I got to network and be with people in my field. But the BEST thing today was dinner with the girls. Emma was in rare form - actually chatting! Olivia didn't fight with Emma. And Maggie attempted to feed herself. It was wonderful.

I am supposed to attend the last day of the conference tomorrow, however since I already have over my 80 hours and technically we are to have Fridays off... I will work from home. (on my NEXT presentation that is due to the feds tomorrow by 2 pm).

It will be great -

No comments: