Thursday, September 2, 2010

Visit to California - The story

This year we went out to California to visit my dad for his 65th (GASP) birthday! My sister let me play Cool Aunt and Jack and Annie traveled with us. I loved it! We actually started out at my mom's house and spent a few days there. Of course there was the necessary Ice Cream night! We didn't order the "kitchen sink" this time...
We also visited Pixieland (just the girls) and I loved how much the girls giggled and laughed. Their smiles say it all!
You would think all the kids were water babies. They took every opportunity to be in the pool or the pond. I can't say that I was too much different, but when there are 5 kids, it makes it more challenging. Jack and Annie took care of Maggie quite a bit - she is still malleable.
When we got up to my dad's, we pretty much just stayed at the Casa de Wallace. The animals, the pond, and grandparents provided enough entertainment for 3 days. My dad enjoyed the kids so much. I know he misses us a lot. And we miss him. I am STILL working on a present for him (it's taking me longer than I thought!). But he did get the present of his grandkids on his birthday!

No comments: