Thursday, September 2, 2010

Price, Green River and Moab






As a part of my job, I am to visit different areas around the state and see how their coalitions are functioning. Then we see if they want any assistance or training. This year I went to visit Price, Green River and Moab.
Price surprised me! The city is in Eastern Utah. They celebrate "International Days" - they have so many diverse cultures and religions in such a small area. This is partly due to the boom in coal mining in the early days of Utah. They also are famous for their dinosaur fossils. The museum was entertaining and full of history.
Green River - it may seem like a blip, but I have some affection for this city. The Mayor is very kind and supportive. I love how he attempts to balance health and city services. There is also the Tamarisk, a great little joint on the Green River. That's where the photos are from!
Moab - well, we've been to Moab a few times and I know I have other pics...I'll just have to find them and post them later.

No comments: