Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SNOW SNOW SNOW

Okay, I first must say, SORRY. I can't find my camera, so you will just have to trust me that 12 inches of snow fell at my house today. While I did not like driving in it (even short distances were a hassle), I walked in the door and exclaimed "Get your snow pants on and let's go outside!" Which was then followed by 30 minutes of me attempting to squeeze sweet Maggie into boots, gloves, snowsuit and a hat. I want you to envision "Christmas Story" (and I cannot remember Ralphie's little brother's name). Then after that chaos, we all went out to the deck. Oooh wee, it was deep! Not only did we get 12 fresh inches, we already had a few inches from the weekend.
So, me - excited; Emma - excited; Olivia - excited; Maggie - excited until I put her down. She screamed unless I was holding her. Then she got upset about not being able to touch the snow; then she was mad that the snow was cold on her hands (pulled the gloves off). So finally I gave up on Maggie. David made dinner and kept her inside while I got to play in the snow with the older girls. It was so much fun! I loved it.
Emma started building a fort. So of course I decided to build my own fort. I currently have a nice little wintery abode outside. I couldn't sleep in it (I don't do Klondikes) but it is rather cozy. We had a rousing snowball fight. Emma made a killer snowball on the deck and dropped it on Olivia's head. I thought for sure Olivia was going to scream in pain and anger. She giggled! It was a great time. Finally after 2 hours of this, we went inside and had a delicious dinner.
Overall today was a great snow day! I can't wait until the next one!

1 comment:

HJ said...

Don't you just LOVE being a mom!!! good for you to get out there and PLAY with those darling girls. Thanks for sharing.